Creating an Azure-Aware Plugin without Code
This post contains details on registering an Endpoint in the Microsoft Dataverse without creating a custom plugin.
The details of the message include everything sent in event execution, including the execution context.
The steps to create an Azure Aware plugin are very simple.
- Create an Azure Service Bus Queue or Topic.
- Generate a SAS Key & Store both the Primary Key and the Connection Details.
- Using the Plugin Registration Tool, create a new Endpoint.
Create a new Endpoint Registration.
Under Message Format; the choices of .NET, XML, and JSON can be selected.
- Right-click the registered Endpoint and add a new STEP.
- Update the Step accordingly:
- Ensure that the Event Handler is set to the Endpoint registered earlier.
- Ensure that the Asynchronous and PostOperation Stage has been selected.
- Save & Test.
Creating a new Contact record should send an event to the Service Bus Queue containing the full details of the Contact Event.
Send Messages to a Topic
Sending messages to a Topic is similar to sending messages into a Queue.
Things to keep in mind:
- Sessions are not supported.
- Create a Subscription with no filtering to capture all messages.